1965 Jefferson Nickel

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
BABAKAFSHAR
Coinasieur

1965 Jefferson Nickel

#1 Unread post by BABAKAFSHAR »

Hello everyone I have found this nickel in an original bank roll, it’s kind of have a few steps , I wanted to know if it is a sms coin which had mixed with these coins or it just a business strike coin thank you
Attachments
D904DFA5-DF98-416F-92C2-67F9E4B6047C.jpeg
816A7703-969B-461B-B9BB-D707B77F00BB.jpeg
C5FB58EF-600B-4300-B850-526AC27320B2.jpeg
0E59C90F-3F66-4930-9478-2437B93F325E.jpeg
87C5C783-B89A-45E9-8AC4-2846D2756187.jpeg

pahwa
Coin Expert

Re: 1965 Jefferson Nickel

#2 Unread post by pahwa »

BABAKAFSHAR, hey I am no nickel expert but to me, it looks like a business strike. The only pic that sort of resembles and sms is the 1st reverse where the building appears to have some frosting and the background looks shiny. It has some cool toning on the outer portion of the coin. The rest of the pictures look like a business strike to me. It is a nice clean coin though. Are you working on a book or roll hunting for errors and varieties? I have never searched nickels. (My wife would do some not so nice things to me if I asked her to bring home 4 boxes of nickels on top of the other boxes. lol)
Pahwa
Leave no coin unturned!

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

The coin is a business strike and not an SMS, they're not going to be found in change or rolls and were never released. SMS have a completely different finish than any coin released plus die markers.

BABAKAFSHAR
Coinasieur

#4 Unread post by BABAKAFSHAR »

Thank you,I am just learning about coins and I bought some rolls and in all , this one has a shiny background I was thinking it may be a sms coin and like all other things and mistakes that happened in the US Mint mr Daniel I taught it could be another one (doesn’t hurt to ask) thank you