Search found 218 matches

Return

by Coin Mule
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Introduction

Hi, new to the site, and am looking forward to share and learn from the group. I just picked up a RAW VAM 37A2 in a random roll. I will post photos in the VAM area.

The Coin Mule
N.C.
by Coin Mule
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Toning

Hey gooddie. Remember that when it comes to collecting, desirability depends on rarity, uniqueness, originality, and of course market forces. A signed Jacob Dickert long rifle will fetch quite premium over a Mecklenburg longrifle of the same year. Or between a 63 split window corvette that has been ...
by Coin Mule
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New pickup from Northern Nevada Coin! :)

Hey G3, great pickup. The common damage that occurs with these and many "older" coins includes, holed (a hole drilled to hang from a neckless), corrosion (some of these are found buried in the ground), cleaned and harshly cleaned (wizzed, sandpaper, bon ami, comet, sandblasting), details (...
by Coin Mule
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Too Many Guests

HEY YALL, IN THE PAST 999 MINUTES THERE HAVE BEEN 1600 GUESTS, AND RIGHT NOW THERE ARE LIKE 600. SO WHAT ARE YA'LL WAITING FOR, JOIN IN, SIGN UP, DANIEL PUTS EFFORT INTO THIS SITE, SO SUPPORT IT.

CAPS ARE IN CASE YOU CAN'T HEAR ME FROM North Cackalacky
by Coin Mule
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Lincoln Cent- Die Crack w/ Strike Through?

Hey AS, I know Lincoln had a mole, but that coin looks like he has one on his temple, hairline, jaw, he even has one one the field, Holy Moley. Sorry, I could not help myself 😁 I gotta go along with SS on this. Unfortunately pennies tend to have all sorts "weirdness" going on, bad planchet...
by Coin Mule
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:13 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tracking A 1891 VAM - 25B

Hot on the trail of a 1891 VAM-25B. I am trying to focus on Walkers, Barbers, and Kennedys, but these Morgan VAMs keep popping up. However it appears that this VAM type has never been traded, since it was discovered pretty recently in 2014, this means that there is no tape to read, and valuation is ...
by Coin Mule
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Whats this

Hey CU, now bout PMD.
by Coin Mule
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Quarter struck on nickel

Hey coin world!! My name is James I have been coin roll hunting for a couple years now. I have learned a lot about coins, grading coins, errors and a lot about history. I came across a quarter that sounded strange, yes sounded strange and I weighed it and it weighs 4.99-5 grams. I assumed it to be ...
by Coin Mule
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Strange/unusual wear on capped half

Hey TN, here is my observation, I'm not an expert, but since you have already sent it off, well it's all theoretical. Usually a filled die does not create a "divot" for want of a better word. If you look at the ribbon, there appears to be a depression that lines up with the T and A, also t...
by Coin Mule
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double ear of baby

Hey Sk, that sure looks like it could be something unique. The way to be sure, send it to CONECA, $6 base price for non members plus shipping insurance etc. You are risking that it is not anything special, but if it is, you have spent less than $20 to find out. Less than a large pizza, 12 garlic kno...
by Coin Mule
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hello - New here - Looking to learn how to hunt!

Hey, FS, welcome. Just a couple of suggestions. When posting a photo please use the best resolution the you can, a black background helps get the details. I use my Note 10 with a selfie ring. Also try to do as much research about the coin in question as you can before posting, folks don't mind helpi...
by Coin Mule
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1931-S - finally I found something..........

Not more than 5 mins ago I finally found a penny that I think is worth at least $20.........and one my Mom luckily did not get her toothbrush after! I know the condition of this is not that great, but would there be any rationale to consider getting this either graded and/or 'conserved' by NCG or P...
by Coin Mule
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1937 wheat

rusty wrote: ↑Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:19 pmIs this better?
Hi Rusty, I Caint see nuffin
by Coin Mule
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Extra eye?

My wife's grandfather would say "malocchio"
by Coin Mule
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Quarter is double die ??

Alex congrats, good find πŸ‘
by Coin Mule
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1889 P Morgan Weak "Funky" Strike

Hey FS, well, if it was a weak strike the ear would be flat with not a lot of definition, and the breast feathers would be almost flat, the ear on this coin looks pretty good and so do the feathers, to be weak strike. If you are referring to the overall dull color of the coin, I would say cleaned, a...
by Coin Mule
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Zerbe die coin is it worth regrading could it be special strike

Paul wrote: ↑Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:43 am A USB microscope is not necessary… You can use a regular camera or a cell phone camera.

Interesting, I have never been reported before… I guess were not allowed to ask for pictures anymore
😲😲😲😲😲😲😱
by Coin Mule
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PVC or NOT PVC that is the question

The question is : Does acetone make it un-gradeable ? Hey Sal, I have cleaned junk/dirt off coins with acetone and lacquer thinner, and the coins were graded fine with no problem. Since these chemicals are organic solvents they will not attack or break down metal. For the newer folks who might be w...
by Coin Mule
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PVC or NOT PVC that is the question

Not the best article I've read on the subject.. but it covers the point i made :D https://blog.goldeneaglecoin.com/silver-coins-tarnish/ Hey W, Sulfur to keep the rats out, wow, I didn't see that coming either. Where did the Banks keep these coins, in a dirt root cellar. Now I understand why the Ba...
by Coin Mule
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PVC or other gunk inside a PCGS slab?

Hey thairunts, send it back to PCGS, have them conserve it, 100%^ with the Big D on this one. Don't try to do it yourself, on something like this if you mess with it you might mess it up and blow up the value. Once it is in a slab it is sacred for the original grading company, so they will fix the c...
by Coin Mule
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1922 S Peace Dollar - Struck Through Grease?

Hey Funkmiester, sorry for the bad news, but I gotta agree with Daniel on this. The spots all over the place are the classic indicators of PVC. So you can try to remove it with acetone, but if the corrosion has already set in there is not much you can do. These types of coins are really difficult to...
by Coin Mule
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NGC Holder

I need a more experienced set of eyes; just got a coin and the NGC isn't a newer style. On the sides, it looks like a glob of glue? The holder is tight otherwise, no cracks. Is this normal for these older ones? Hey B, the older NGC holders that I have in my registry set all look like what you have ...
by Coin Mule
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: kennedy half double dies

Hey P, looks like mechanical doubling to me, here is a linky https://www.doubleddie.com/144822.html
by Coin Mule
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hello

Hey C. My opinion, the Kennedy has post mint damage on the nose, not a mint mark. These Resin cubes were made as kind of a time capsule of a specific year. Folks gave them as gifts for graduations, anniversaries etc. They don't usually hold much more than sentimental value, sometimes they used proof...
by Coin Mule
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another look at the 1922 S Peace Dollar

Hey Funky, man that surface looks wrinkly and strange. Maybe some kind of environmental post mint damage. Or ...........

by Coin Mule
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another look at the 1922 S Peace Dollar

Funky Strike wrote: ↑Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:46 pm So I shouldn't post my other alien coin then...?
Bahahahha, now thats funny πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
by Coin Mule
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Honest appraiser

Thanks for the welcome and the advice , I will take your suggestions and post pictures soon but for starters here’s the whole collection Hi Frank, welcome. I will give you 10 bucks for the whole lot, bahahahahahaha, just kidding. First, do not clean or attempt to clean them, most of the time once y...
by Coin Mule
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should I grade this 1989 d penny

Daniel wrote: ↑Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:15 am I would be a rich man by now.
Your not ????
by Coin Mule
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you coin mule for your answer that's all I was looking for. Thank you all for your time. Your' welcome K, glad you appreciate it. Ummm, bout the other stuff, remember whatever doesn't hurt your bottom line doesn't matter, not everyone can be a glib sociopath like I am πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ€£. Looking forward ...
by Coin Mule
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ALMOST THERE .... 50,000

Its just never going to stop. I do video after video and can't reach enough people. Hey D, it's not that you can't reach people it's that people will not allow themselves to be reached. They know for a fact that you are coming between them and success beyond their wildest dreams, they also know tha...
by Coin Mule
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1936 Buffalo nickel

Hey S, here is what a real one looks like
by Coin Mule
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1913 liberty V nickel?.......error? Could use some other eye's on this one

Hi Ken, and everyone else. I would recommend that none of you buy a restored classic car without having a professional look at it first, you dudes and dudettes just do not have an eye for detail. It is very clear that the coin has a Nubian Ibex stamped on it. Please see enclosed images. Now think of...
by Coin Mule
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FAKE OR REAL? 1955 DOUBLE DIE PENNY

So here is what I think. It looks to me that on the "red" sample which is the control, the skinny 9 is on top of the fat 9. However on the one found in the wild, the not so red one, the fat 9 is on top of the skinny 9. Yep that is my professional opinion.

by Coin Mule
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1830 Large Cent Die Crack / Large or Medium Letters?

Hey P, here is a linky to what NGC says https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/coronet-head-cents-1816-1839-pscid-15/1830-1c-msrb-coinid-11673. Look it up, and you can basically tell what it is worth. Of course, the most valuable are high grade coins, so have fun researching. It is always fun to find...
by Coin Mule
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Earle42 wrote: ↑Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:12 pm We have no idea why anyone comes here.
I only come here for the Beer and Pizza πŸ˜πŸ•πŸ•πŸ•πŸ•πŸ•πŸ•πŸ•πŸ•πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»

(Ahem Daniel)
by Coin Mule
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bicentennial .25 DDO & Die cracks?

Question for the group: Do you believe that a "Die Crack" is considered an error? Hey Paul, I am so glad you asked this, so many people find die cracks and think that they have found the "Unicorn". So here are some Quotes from http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws....
by Coin Mule
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1976-D Eisenhower Dollar with dual rim clips

I am very interested in examining a genuine clipped specimen without the Blakesly effect Hi Paul, according to Coin World https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/how-to-identify-a-genuine-clip-coin--collectors--clearinghouse.html. "The Blakesley Effect is often absent in the case of lar...
by Coin Mule
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Deal or not- 1834 Half Cent

Hey M, here is a reference https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-grading-guide/Grading-Liberty-Cap-Half-Cents.aspx, and some cautions about these guys. It is kind of beat up, and looks like it was cleaned at some point in the past, but the details are good, however there is some "weirdness" going o...
by Coin Mule
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1957 D Lincoln Wheat Cent REAL ERROR? HELP

Found this one in bank roll i am thinking it might be the leaf's or feathers on the coin from the reverse barely missing a flipover strike? ? help me out here please Hey S, after a detailed study of this coin my diagnosis is, a 3/16 x 5" Flat bladed Harbor freight screwdriver, using a 16 oz be...