Search found more than 3482 matches

Return

by Daniel
Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Precious & Base Metal Charts

Here's precious metals and base metal charts for collectors reference http://coinauctionshelp.com/Precious_Metals_Market.html

[web 100%,400]http://coinauctionshelp.com/Precious_Metals_Market.html[/web]
by 2centsal
Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1959 " Black Beauty" Nickel

Ok, Now that I know a Black Beauty refers to a 1959 Nickel , what price range would you say their worth ? I've seen one Ungraded in EF condition for $10 and I've seen one Graded MS64 for 42.99 ( ANACS) and one for $59.99 ( PCGS ). What would any of you pay for one of these ? Are they Rare and does t...
by Daniel
Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paper Currency Values Calculator

Here's an online paper currency guide where you enter a little info and it gives you information and values on your currency US Paper Currency Values
by Paul
Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1942 Washington Quarter - MS Gem

sweet, un-clashed, no polish, full square hit, MDS, low contact, NO VARIETY, beauty.
i don't 'collect these', but when no one bids on them......
by mhonzell
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1971 S over D penny?

Currently, there are no known OMM's after 1956 on the US Cent.

Looking at your photos, I do not see an S over D. Keep in mind, the D would be as large (not as raised) as the S. Here's a 1940 example.
by mikev50
Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1694 william and mary

my neice just got back from the united kingdom--bought me this coin-- 1694 william and mary half penny--
DSCN0866.JPG
DSCN0869.JPG
by acemwill
Tue May 26, 2020 7:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

question

hi folks
Any idea of what to make of this 1919 nickel?
Thanks
by Paul
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Memorial penny reverse doubling?

I see what you are looking at, hugeeyes The 1983P-1DR-002 exhibits a very strong pivoted doubling around K10 – K 11 on the reverse side, and is unmistakable. There are 2 well-known reverse die varieties for the 1983 Philadelphia Mint. What you may be experiencing here is reflect doubling,..... so, ...
by Paul
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Submission to Cuds on Coins help?

I just visited their website.... :eureka: They describe the process very clearly on how to edit images for submission: You should have a "Photo Editing Software" program that you will use frequently. I use GIMP,....... a free online download. It's more complicated, but worthwhile to learn...
by Paul
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1977S Kennedy Half

SensibleSal66 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:38 am Looks like a style MMS-009 ? Same as 1979 Mintmark (BLOB ).http://lincolncentresource.com/San_Fran ... tyles.html
Silly Sal..............
Are you comparing apples to elephants ??

:eureka:
The Mintmark punches are different from cents to half dollars!
by Paul
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1977S Kennedy Half

I'm going with the MMS-002 Trumpet Tail
Your searching too hard
by Daniel
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANACS has suspended its operations

No they're cheaper and you don't need a membership.
by Daniel
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1868 Shield Nickels

As always you need to know the grade to value anything. Sorry to hear you're sick.
by Earle42
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sal, considering you can break a coin out of a slab, resubmit it to the same company the slab came from, and never be guaranteed of same grade, then yes, ANACs is worth it. People tend to pay more for PCGS slabs, b/c that is the way the mass mentality has trended. There will always be favorites with...
by Paul
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What is a coin slab?

:eureka:
A sealed plastic container to:
1. Authenticate your coin
2. Preserve your coin
3. Designate a variety
4. Distinguish a proof strike
by Earle42
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1868 Shield Nickels

Very nice looking! But Sal I am sincerely sorry to hear you are sick.
by Daniel
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graded Coins

It's not a big ordeal. You print the ANACS submission form, fill it in (self explanatory), pack the coins in their flips, in a box. Send registered mail per insurance and you really just have to guess estimated value.
by DanB
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graded Coins

SensibleSal66 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:27 pm ok , but how do I send One world coin (Krug) , 2 Variety coins ,One Peace Dollar and one 2004 Walking Liberty .999 on one form and figure out the fees ?
Go to Daniels YouTube channel he has serval videos showing how to submit coins. Here’s his submission for PCGS.
by Earle42
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1893 Isabella 25C question

Sal, just practice. Its not hard. Use some common stuff that can be messed with. I have seen stained areas that will not respond to acetone or xylene. I use these in turn, and with a good rinse in between, after soapy water does not work. Used some diluted MS70 on a Q-tip and very carefully touch a ...
by Earle42
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New to group!:

Sorry i was rushed and did not read all of your post before. Any action to a coin that removes surface metal (wiping with a facial tissue included b/c the tissues put small scratches) will ruin much of the value the coin has. Post some pics and we can likely help you know what to do. As to the nicke...
by karl.bursa
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A great penny box!

Just got through hunting my first sealed box of loomis roll pennies and it was great! I wound up with 21 Wheat Cents including a 1911 - my personal record for oldest. Also found multiple questionable varieties I'll be uploading for you guys to help me sift through. I was really surprised because I w...
by Daniel
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cleaning coins

It is rude to demand people to chime in on your topics. Sorry man but this isn't the way to do things here.
by karl.bursa
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1998 Wide AM!

One of my penny box finds. My first verified variety! happydance:
by Earle42
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Handling Raw Coins

Nope. If its something going into a 2X2, album, or Air Tite it gets an acetone dip first and plastic non-scratching tweezers position it in storage.
by Earle42
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reloading pics

Sorry I was not more clear - this is not what I meant. I will try again. On the coincommunity.com forum, there is a "bank" of pics i have uploaded over the years. When making a new post and I want to use that same pic again, I go to that bank and choose the pic. A link is auto inserted int...
by Rascal
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1968 p+d set

ok thanks
by Daniel
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UFO varieties

I did a video on these
by Daniel
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Silver Rounds ?

I have and they're minted by private mints and are called silver rounds or art rounds.
by Daniel
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:11 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unique error

This is not a mint error but caused by acid the copper is more reactive than the copper nickel alloy and will react first and the most when exposed to acid.
by karl.bursa
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A great penny box!

Sal - 1988 has another Wide AM; but with that one, the trick is to look at the FG initials. If they are one design, they're correct. If they're the other design, it's the 1989 reverse on a 1988 coin. Also, 1992 has a Close AM variant where the A and M are touching instead of properly spaced. These, ...
by karl.bursa
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1979 off-center strike

Got this 1979 off center in my last box. Is this enough to matter or within the margin of error and just a neat collection piece? Thanks! :confused:
by Daniel
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1787 Copper Found

Great find!! Congrats!
by Melodyinusa.ms
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Introducing myself as Melody

Hello my name is Melody
I acquired my frandfathers' collection
Many errors, varieties &proofs
Looking 4help on how2grade which2grade which ones not2grade and sell as raw coins
Looking2sell to serious coin collectors
Thank you
Melodyinusa.ms
by karl.bursa
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1989 Curved Clip

That's an interesting coin, Sal! Really cool, especially verified and in a holder with a grade.
by karl.bursa
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Latest Acquisition and a note of Thanks

Folks: First off, this post is a thank you to the community. To Daniel for organizing this place and having patience with me during my initiation into the Coin Roll Hunting and Numismatic World, I thank you. To Paul, Sal, and Earle, likewise, thanks for helping out a noob on his journey. When I join...
by ErikaDunkelheit
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Introducing myself

Hi everyone! My name is Erika, i m Italian, 39 years old and moved in Arizona 3 years ago. I 've been in the world of modellism and collectors since I was 16 as soldiers and figurines painter. I was part of a club and always been fascinated by numismatics and coins collectors with their massive hold...
by JAC1967
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Introducing myself

Hello everyone I hope you are all doing well. I am a new member to the community, and I would like to introduce myself. I am collecting LMC, Wheat pennies, and errors. I have been researching/collecting Lincoln pennies for about a year now. I have several pennies that I am contemplating on having ce...
by cmw311
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need help identifying; Martha Washington Medal

SensibleSal66 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:39 am YEA, LOOK THERE , SMALL PRINT ? i'M STUMPED ? ASK ANA ?
Nothing on the medal/token except the design itself. I’m trying to find info on it myself but at this point, I think I just might have to ask ANA about it