Search found 12 matches

Return

by DSCoins
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sell or not to sell

Sorry this post is so long. I am writing this post mainly for myself as I find writing things down helps me retain the information. Due to the fact this one is coin related, I decided to make it a post. More than likely you first started searching rolls of coins to fill up a Whitman folder you have...
by PetesPockets55
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Could I get some advice on coins please.

They are interesting but the "cowlick" appears to be raised metal from something (half-moon shape) striking the coin at an angle and pushing it up. The filled B is a die chip. The more time you spend searching the more of these you will find, especially in the '50's. As the dies age, the l...
by Daniel
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1983-D LINCOLN CENT DDR??

Which one does it match with?
by Daniel
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1947 S POSSIBLE RPM ?

Does it match any one Wexlers website or CONECA variety vista?
by Daniel
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1973 D DDO

I don't see any thickness of the lettering to be a doubled die, but I do see some die deterioration.
by Paul
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1973 D DDO

correct.....
I believe what you are seeing here is a combination of "die cavity deterioration", and "reflector doubling"...... in your images
by pahwa
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982P LINCOLN CENT DOUBLED DIE OBVERSE

What kind of scope are you using? The scope may be fine, it may be more lighting. My USB scope uses led lights in a circular pattern around the scope. I can turn off half or all. Always turn the coin at least 90°or less, more pictures or views and see if those same views show the same split serifs o...
by Daniel
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:01 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crying Frankllin

But this is Thomas Jefferson not Franklin.
by mikev50
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1917 walking liberty half dollar question?

looks good like it is----
by Paul
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1917 walking liberty half dollar question?

I think the your coin looks fantastic just the way it is...

........ & I have to state, excellent images :thumbsup: :trophy:

:eureka:
..... Keep in mind, that when you "Dip" your coin,....... you are chemically altering the surface of the coin !!
by SensibleSal66
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1776-1976 quarter dollar

It looks like it was part of a 1976 BiCentennial 24k layered collection . The 3 piece set sells for $14.95 .
by Earle42
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1776-1976 quarter dollar

Hello everyone How to tell a plated coin?! The mint never made gold 1976 quarters. Ergo...plated :) And the mint never made specialty sets to sell plated ones either. The ones shown by Sal are just some marketer's idea. They do look sharp though - but no added value. Too little gold to make a diffe...