Search found more than 1318 matches

Return

by Daniel
Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

US Post Colonial Coinage Values Plus Images

Should help the metal detector enthusiest idenfitify thier finds.

[web 100%,400]http://coinauctionshelp.com/index_postc ... inage.html[/web]
by Daniel
Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paper Currency Values Calculator

Here's an online paper currency guide where you enter a little info and it gives you information and values on your currency US Paper Currency Values
by Paul
Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is My 'Coin Roll' Really UNSEARCHED ??

First, let me disclose that in no way, shape, or form am I accusing/suggesting that ANYONE is attempting to cheat/fool/scam/beguile/rip-u-off with these “un-searched” rolls for sale. ALL OF THE POSTS I make on this site should be considered as ‘my opinion only’, & used for educational purposes o...
by mhonzell
Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can you tell me about this coin?

Roman Imperial Coin 348 - 350 A.D. Constans Augusti obverse: D N CONSTA-NS P F AVG pearl-diademed (headband) draped and cuirassed bust right (toga with clip) reverse: FEL TEMP REPARATIO ("happy times restored") Constans standing left in Galley Labarum in left hand (stick with the square ba...
by DSCoins
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I may have found the first 1997D double ear penny!!!

Wow my eyes hurt after 3 weeks. I cant imagine what 50 years has done to your eyes. Bet you have eagle eyes. Lol thank you for your intrest and encouragement. Never imagined that there was that many error coin's were produced. I have found a lot of doubling and variety coins. Cant believe how addic...
by Daniel
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln Memorial

The best thing you can do at this point and stop looking at damaged coins, damage causes all types of issues on coins. Damaged coins are not worth much when they're not rare doubled dies or varieties for that date and mint. Minor anomalies are just not worth pursuing on already beat up, scuffed or d...
by Paul
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln Memorial

The best thing you can do at this point and stop looking at damaged coins, damage causes all types of issues on coins. Damaged coins are not worth much when there's not rare doubled dies or varieties for that date and mint and minor anomalies are not worth pursuing. I HOPE EVERYONE READS YOUR RESPO...
by Daniel
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1974 D Kennedy Half Variety or not?

It is strike doubled but if you study the letters there's thickness CCW on the letters.
by Paul
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1974 D Kennedy Half Variety or not?

Have you looked at the "Stage B" images for the 1-R-II-C+VI ?????????????
by SensibleSal1966
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He!lo !

Thanks Earl , your so funny :thumbsup:
by Oddity
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

List of Helpful/Information sites.

Hey all. Here is a list of websites I have used over the years. http://www.seateddollarvarieties.com/ Below is a link to Bill Bugert’s Registers. These are variety attribution guides for the Liberty Seated Half Dollars series. All 4 Volumes are free to download in PDF format covering the San Francis...
by Daniel
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1992 DDR?

Glad you're posting and helping Earle42!
by SensibleSal1966
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Book alert

Sorry Earle, it must of been somewhere else but I'm definitely not dreaming .lol. There is one for sale for $295 original spiral bound hardcover on EBay right now. :w
by Daniel
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1957D/D ? Quarter

I am not sure what you're using to take images but I can't see the coin details enough to determine anything. What RPM did you match it with off Wexler's listings?
Here's my video on taking images using your phone
by karl.bursa
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graded Coins

:thumbsup: Earle is now YouTube Famous!!
by karl.bursa
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Latest Acquisition and a note of Thanks

Folks: First off, this post is a thank you to the community. To Daniel for organizing this place and having patience with me during my initiation into the Coin Roll Hunting and Numismatic World, I thank you. To Paul, Sal, and Earle, likewise, thanks for helping out a noob on his journey. When I join...
by Paul
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Found coins in my own collection.

If I can make a suggestion........ :eureka: If/When you are selling "Raw" (not encapsulated) coinage,....... you place the coin in a flip, staple all 4 sides, and then on the reverse, use a unique color nail polish to seal the staple ends. You must also state in your listing, that if the ...
by Paul
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1961 Jefferson Nickel Proof DDO

This link should explain it:

LINK

With this system, you are made aware of ALL the details of that individual variety, not just a generalized specific designation.
by Snyderart
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An Example of Machine Doubling

Hello All, For educational purposes, just wanted to post images of machine doubling I found on a 1989 Lincoln cent while error searching. Mech Dbling 01.jpg Mech Dbling 02.jpg There's a great explanation of machine doubling located here . Daniel has many videos and posts about machine doubling as we...
by Snyderart
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Historical Numismatic Books Online

Hello CHU Community, Wanted to post an online numismatic resource if anyone is interested in the history of coin collecting, old coin auction records, and old books on the subject. The site is Archive.org, a non-profit digital library which has digitized millions of books and other resources for use...
by Matt92649
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sigma Metalytics Precious Metal Verifier

No one is fighting. This video is interesting, if you have time :
by Jaderose354
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Picked up new sets

Your a Kennedy hunting God
by Mrweaseluv
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to Handle Coins ?

Trenton-Gifts-Shark-Head-Multi-Tool.jpg
Oops, that's for Hummels

yeah cotton gloves for AU+ and careful fingers below that mostly :D
by Amishjedi
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ring selfie light for coin photos ... it works!

Nice pics. I am thinking when I try something shiny I will try the lowest light setting on mine or else use tissue to diffuse. Man this is so easy compared to what I used to have to do back in 2011 when I got back into coins seriously. That's exactly what I did - I took some printer paper and cut o...
by Mrweaseluv
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Accuracy of PCGS Price Guide regarding braided hair cents

Honestly, not very accurate at all... I have both the small and Med dates (still looking for a nice tall) and both around the $20 mark for VFs.. You can usualy do much better then the PCGS guide price on large cents if you are willing to search around... The link below is my $20 large cent set... AL...
by Daniel
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Missing date and letters obverse and reverse lincoln memorial 3.08g

Struck through grease filled die and commonly found.

by Daniel
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1776-1976 Quarter

You need to do a lot more reading on doubled dies and not use a microscope when searching until you know what you're looking at on coins. Understanding the minting process and how doubled dies are created and what they look like will save you a lot of time and frustration. https://youtu.be/9DDzxpsHVg0
by Mrweaseluv
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 new additions to the $20 Large Cent set.

As I believe this is my 1st actual post of the $20 large cent set here let me explain a little. Simply stated This set is the "best" set I could build at a average cost of $20 per coin. Yes this means I might spend 25-26 on a great example but just as many i got for 10-15 :D This is the se...
by Paul
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1990 Lincoln cent error?

Die gouges usually exhibit a 'Sharper Edge' to the raised area....
by Mrweaseluv
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PVC or NOT PVC that is the question

The question is : Does acetone make it un-gradeable ? I previously mentioned: And an acetone (pure - inexpensive at Walmart in the health and beauty section) bath cannot chemically alter the metal in any way. Let me expound: 1. Acetone molecules cannot affect/interact/paint/dissolve/integrate with/...