Search found more than 1120 matches

Return

by PetesPockets55
Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mint Error Phone App

If I can get my phone to co-operate. Consarn *%@#&@%4 computers and technology!! :mad:
(It's never operator error!) :thumbsup:
by mhonzell
Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Camera or Microscope?

1. Use what you already have first. Someone on here actually uses a camera and a loupe and takes phenomenal photos. Your cell phone will take pretty good photos if you can figure out how to keep it motionless while you take the photo. 2. If you decide on a scope, go small at first. For $~25, you can...
by PetesPockets55
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1977 Lincoln no mint mark, any value?

Not to diminish your enthusiasm but any coins with damage (like the two posted so far) will not be worth much more than face value. Damage on coins, referred to as PSD (Post Strike Damage), is not an error. The "large" nose on Lincoln is the result of the zinc core under the copper platin...
by mhonzell
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: trying to ID a Quinarius

I can't get enough details from that photo. Sorry. I do see the sitting angel, so you may have it.
by Paul
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1958-p Lincoln Cent DDO

Daniel wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:25 am As stated before, you must send potential discovery coins to a CONECA rep. Paul of this forum accepts submissions. Also I do not see any doubled die on your coin and if it was common and a doubled die then you would have found a listing.
:agree:
by mikev50
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1909-s/s Lincoln cent

damaged--not worth sending in--that's my opinion--
by mhonzell
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: id coin #1

Agree. (Nice job Daniel!)
by mhonzell
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TPG,s light

I have no problem getting luster with a LED light. It's just a matter of setup. I tend to stay away from incandescent lights because they change color output as they age.
by DSCoins
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SEARCHING PENNIES

I know this way might not work for some, while others it may help. I am going to explain how I look for Doubled Dies or other Varieties. While opening the rolls of cents. I will sort them first by decade, next I will sort them by year (Example: I have one aluminum bread type container for each deca...
by mike ariteus
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Start Here ...

Thanks D very appreciated with your comments
by GarryN
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Carolina fractionals

Ok I thought so.
by GarryN
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1891-CC VAM 7

Here is a quick lesson in VAMs and also a cherry picking opportunity. The first coin is a typical 1891-CC spitting eagle VAM 3. PCGS MS64. It has the shallow die gouge left of the eagle’s beak. Notice that it is a near date. 2 denticles between the truncation of the bust to the left edge of the base...
by DSCoins
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double struck coins

Thanks Daniel. The clashed dies I am very familiar with. It was some of the photos on the channels which got me confused. By putting it the way you did, I now have the under standing between the two. I will also follow up on Error-Ref. I really should start doing as I preach, by looking at on-line ...
by DSCoins
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sell or not to sell

Sorry this post is so long. I am writing this post mainly for myself as I find writing things down helps me retain the information. Due to the fact this one is coin related, I decided to make it a post. More than likely you first started searching rolls of coins to fill up a Whitman folder you have...
by PetesPockets55
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Could I get some advice on coins please.

They are interesting but the "cowlick" appears to be raised metal from something (half-moon shape) striking the coin at an angle and pushing it up. The filled B is a die chip. The more time you spend searching the more of these you will find, especially in the '50's. As the dies age, the l...
by DSCoins
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EDS? MDS? LDS?

EDS = Early Die State basically a newer or new die MDS = Mid Die State, this will show more markers do to more wear. You may find them where a Die Break has accrued, or die Chips. LDS = Late Die Stage. The Die is very close to end in which it will be used. You may find a lot more Die Deterioration ...
by Paul
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2008 D James Monroe clad/silver planchet?

Possibly soaked in some solution to make it appear silver........ :dunno

Do you know all the coins weight and diameter?
whistling2:
by DSCoins
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1968

No mint mark means it came from the Philadelphia mint. The only time they placed a mint mark was 2017. As for the rest of the coin, I personally do not see anything. hugeeyes ………..

DScoins
by PetesPockets55
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1946s imm-001 FS#501 Inverted MM

Thanks, Daniel and sorry about the abbreviation ave13co. I get in a rush sometimes and forget newer members may not be as familiar with some abbreviations.

ave13co, did you get a chance to follow the links and see the different mintmark styles in use over the years?
by kimberly.lee
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1966 Lincoln Penny

Thank you so much! I enjoyed your video. Great info for a newbie like me!
by Paul
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2001-P Column Doubling

To the best of my recollection, and I'm getting old now, what you are seeing next to Lincoln's knee, was listed across several dates......

In my opinion,...... this is considered so minor, I would pass it by.....JMO
by Earle42
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Possible 1952 wheat penny error

I'm still trying to learn, there's just so much and it's a tad overwhelming.
Don't worry about it! Relax and have fun with it. We all started out the same way.
by Steven B
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1976 Penny

I think I'm getting off topic here, last two times I went to the bank, every coin had been cleaned and nothing good. Anyway guys that's the last I'm going to post on this thread and thanks for all your help and advice.
by PetesPockets55
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hi I'm genesis

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to seeing some of your finds. Come on everybody, lets all pitch in and welcome the newer members, so everyone feels welcome and wants to come back and share their finds! The more we all participate the better the site. Remember the show Cheers and how everyone w...
by pahwa
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:58 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2006P WDDO-045 or dud

One option would be to send it to Wexler and have him attribute the coin. I believe it is $5 for the service. Probably much more than the value of the coin. However, if he determines that it is a new variety your name should be attached to the coin as the finder. That really doesn't resemble a die c...
by PetesPockets55
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What did I just find/noticed in this 2.23 grams 1953 penny?

Infamouserrors, the weight is within mint tolerances. To me any lines on the date or LIBERT look like hits from PSD. There is a discrepancy between your title (2.23 grams) and the weight you gave on an internal reply (3.23 grams), but did mention "overweight". I almost didn't catch that my...
by PetesPockets55
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New discovery?

I agree with Daniel about giving us a little more to go on in the titles and description/question.

Don't be bashful. It is hard to tell what your question refers to.
by pahwa
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2006P WDDO-045 or dud

Yes, I have heard that he has quite the backlog as well. At least he is feeling better now or feels that he can start back to the attribution of the coins again. As with anything, if it is good it is worth waiting for. I myself wouldn't send it in even if there was a quick turn around. That would be...
by Making Cents
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:11 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Indian Cents I found Roll Searching!

Sure thing Daniel, thank-you for the advice.I will do my best.

Thank you again for all the info about coins you share with us. It's very appreciated.

Have a great day.
by pahwa
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do we need calipers for coin roll searching now?

I use a USB scope, but at the time it was rather expensive. It is nice to be able to put it on the computer monitor and be able to move the coin around with my fingers and watch it kicked back. Being able to adjust the light source is a must. Now unless you attribute coins or make a living collectin...
by pahwa
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982P LINCOLN CENT DOUBLED DIE OBVERSE

I am sure not seeing anything on that coin. There are 3 DDO's for 82 large date at least listed on coppercoins. In my opinion, the devices just don't show the thicknesses for the DDO's. None of the markers show up are well. I went to coppercoins and here are the links of the DDO's that were listed. ...
by Snyderart
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

High Points on the Lincoln Memorial Cent

I'm posting this because I looked everywhere on the web for this information with no luck. The information is available for the Lincoln Wheat Cents, but not the Memorial Cents. I'm searching a hoard of 173 lbs. of cents a friend sold to me for errors. They are in good condition from being locked in ...
by 808coin
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1973d lincoln cent. Doubling on 9?

Bummer. Thank You & appreciate your YouTube vids.
by 808coin
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1980D Washington. Is this a strike through

Im gonna get one these right. Thanks for taking the time fellas
by DSCoins
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:12 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Obverse stamped over Reverse (1983 penny)

This is a slight die clash. [/size] :agree: I love finding them while coin roiling hunting. The vast majority you find will not to mush of a primum, If you find a strong Clashed Die were can see strong details of the Obverses on the Reverse, along with also seeing strong details of the Reverse on t...
by pahwa
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1907 saint gaudens gold coin

That seems like a very good deal on that coin. Now not wanting to see alarming, but only for your own protection if I were you I would purchase yourself an electronic gold tester. There are some that are fairly reasonibly priced and if you make a couple of hundred dollar investment and it saves you ...
by SteelieStacker
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First and only "official" way to get a planchet from the US mint?

Thanks Paul!

Glad to be here. I'm a big fan of Daniel's Youtube videos, which is how I found out about this forum.